Aromatherapy facials have their fair share of benefits. We all love to look beautiful and youthful; however, it can be challenging. If we want to attain these results, we usually end up undergoing numerous efforts to improve our skin texture and overall wellness. Facials are among the best options to pamper and care for your skin.
When deciding on the right skin facial to select, you may find it challenging which one to choose. Remember that the suitable facial should be according to your skin requirements. A vast collection of facials is already offered in today’s market, like galvanic facials and oxygen facials. Among the mix of well-liked and trending facials are aromatherapy facials. Let’s know more about this popular facial type.
What are Aromatherapy Facials?
Aromatherapy facials are procedures that involve the use of essential oils, especially those aromatic plant ones. These facials help improve one’s overall physical and psychological well-being. It is similar to beauty medical treatments dealing with skin concerns, specifically targeting particular oils.
Aromatherapy is a widespread practice that utilizes therapeutic blends of essential oils. These aromatic oils can be administered through massages, inhalations, topical applications, or water immersions. This technique stimulates desired responses in the tissues of the skin.
Additionally, it moves externally, but because liquids are naturally porous, the results of aromatherapy facials are visible vividly in inner skin tissues. This facial helps cleanse the skin pores from their deepest. Essential oils are infused into the tissues that heal and repair your skin.
How Aromatherapy Facials Work
Aromatherapy has already been incorporated into various beauty routines through different means. Adding these essential oils to the traditional facial steam allows your skin tissues to absorb them. Having a few drops down your bathing water also does the job for your skin needs, leaving it subtly scented.
Aside from being a form of topical relief, these scents have proven effective in calming your nerves. Essential oils also organize the rhythmic circulation in our bodies. Apart from aromatherapy facials, you can also use these oils in performing facial massages, which help remove dead skin cells. These massages simultaneously nourish the skin tissues.
By adding droplets of essential oils to your daily moisturizer, applying them all over your face helps calm and rejuvenate your skin.
Choosing the Right Oils to Use
With numerous oils available in the market today, these essential oils can have different yet specific effects on your skin. Additionally, these oils can impact your skin’s texture and elasticity.
That’s why it can be crucial to correctly identify which of these essential oil work for your skin type and specific concern. Here are some suggestions:
- Chamomile or tea tree oil – these essential oils are used for treating dry and itchy skin, possibly caused by moisture deficiency or infections.
- Eucalyptus – this oil can treat severe cases of acne and rosacea since it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Orange or lemon – these citric-based oils can lighten your skin tone and remove unwanted blemishes.
- Rose and jasmine – these oils can help restore moisture loss and nourish skin tissue.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Facials to Your Skin
Aromatherapy facials can provide beneficial effects on your skin health. With proper care as one of its assurances, let’s learn some of the benefits aromatherapy facials offer as one of the latest facial methods.
- Control signs of aging – Almond oil, castor oil, and olive oil are some essential oils that prevent premature aging. These scents naturally help in skin tightening and pore unclogging. Additionally, these oils can leave your skin looking radiant and flawless.
- Improves your skin’s complexion – Those with dark skin tone can try aromatherapy facials to help increase their skin tone. These facials diminish facial pigmentation, leaving you that radiant glow.
- Increases your skin’s health – Antioxidants and vitamins infused in these facials help induce the circulation of blood and the formation of new cells in the skin. Additionally, facials that have aromatherapy maintain the skin’s elasticity and give it suppleness.
- It has no side effects – Compared to chemical-based facials, the results of aromatherapy facials don’t have any harmful side effects: allergies, aging, dryness, skin discoloration, and spots. On the other hand, aromatherapy facials are free of chemicals and provide deep skin care.
- Prevents issues and concerns of your skin – First and foremost, these facials benefit your skin by slowly working against common problems, such as acne, dark spots, blemishes, and red spots. Utilizing essential oils with this procedure helps control the recurrence of such skin concerns.
- Removes dead cells and other impurities – Aromatherapy facials can deeply cleanse your skin and clear away all its dirt and impurities. Essential oils, such as olive oil and rosemary oil, can deeply cleanse your skin cells, giving it a fresher and cleaner look.
- Softens your skin – These facials are administered using essential oils that are pure and effective. Such oils restore moisture to the skin and give the feeling of softness and suppleness. To achieve these results, use olive oil, lavender oil, and those with vitamin-E contents for your facials.
- Treats skin infections – People with sensitive skin can suffer from numerous allergic reactions and infections. However, you can alleviate these concerns by applying substances with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Use rosemary, almond, and olive oil on your next aromatherapy facial if you want these results.
Aromatherapy Facials At Home
If by any means, you cannot visit your nearest clinic or med spa for your aromatherapy facials, you can easily do this treatment nowadays in the comforts of your own home. Follow this comprehensive guide to achieve the effects of aromatherapy facials:
- First, use a mild face wash to rinse and cleanse your face.
- Next, steam your face and add a few drops of essential oil to a basin of hot water. Then, put on a clean towel and squeeze out any excess water afterward. Apply this towel onto your face and keep it for at least two (2) minutes. Repeat this step five (5) times.
- Now, gently massage your face with olive oil or any other pure oils available based on your skin type. Please do it for seven (7) minutes, letting it sit for five (5) minutes after you’re done massaging. Clean your face using a wet towel or cotton ball afterward.
- Take a natural scrub and rub it on your face, moving circularly for the next ten (10) minutes. You can also use homemade face scrubs to get the job done.
- Finally, gently clean your face using cotton, apply homemade face packs, and rinse it off with clean water. Simply put, wash your face off using normal water.
- In the end, applying moisturizer to your face can be done post-procedure.
TIP: Create that desirable aura and aromatic experience with your aromatherapy facial at home by lighting on some fragrance candles and placing flowers around the room for that effective and efficient feel.
Final Thoughts on Aromatherapy Facials
Aromatherapy facials help target issues like sensitive skin, inflammation, and sinus congestion. Get your skin and mindset back to a more balanced state using aromatherapy facials and massages. Select specific essential oils determined through skin analysis, and benefit yourself with your skin types and particular concerns.